Friday, September 11, 2015

Minnie Driver: I could have been as big as JLo!


Minnie Driver thinks she could have been as big as Jennifer Lopez if she made a different choice.

The 45-year-old star is most famous for her acting roles and she won an Oscar nomination for her part in 1997 movie Good Will Hunting.

However, Minnie also has a successful music career, which isn't as well publicised.

'It's so annoying,' Minnie told the San Francisco Examiner. 'So many people don't know [about my music]. I think it's because I never took [producer] Tommy Mottola up on his offer of becoming a big superstar, but not being able to write any of my own material at Sony. Then, I basically would have been Jennifer Lopez!'



Minnie has released three solo albums to date, with the most recent being 2014's Ask Me To Dance.

While she may not have the same level of fame as someone like Jennifer, Minnie is happy with the way her music career has panned out.

'Loads of people know, but loads of people don't know because I always kept it super small and I signed with my lovely, amazing, small label,' she said. 'I did it kind of a roots way up and so people don't know that you do stuff.'

Despite music being seen as something of a secondary career for Minnie, the mother-of-one is more than proud of all of her artistic ventures.

The entertainer signed her first record deal before the age of 20 and has no doubt that she will continue making albums long into the future.


'It's always weird for me when people say, 'I didn't know you did music.' It's a part of me. There's not a time that I didn't make music,' Minnie concluded. 'Then you realise that when you become very well known in another field, people associate you with that thing. I think it's hard for people to think of you in tandem with something else.'

No comments :

Post a Comment