Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Adam Lambert worried about Queen gig

Singer Adam Lambert worried his duties with legendary band Queen would complicate his solo work.

The 33-year-old shot to fame when he came second on the 2009 series of American Idol. Since then he has played to fans all over the world, and his appointment as stand-in for the late Freddie Mercury with Queen has meant even greater recognition.

"Not at all," he told Britain's Metro newspaper when asked if his Queen duties had made his own career difficult. "I was concerned it might at first but it's been fine. It's cool I get both things on my plate. They're such different projects. The Queen stuff is big and grand and some of it is quite camp, which is part of my personality, and the solo project it's more my serious side. It's nice to have both."


The summer of 2016 will see Adam and Queen headline British festival Isle of Wight, and despite playing some of the biggest gigs in the world, Adam says he doesn't yet know the impact it's had on his career.

"It's yet to be totally understood," he confessed. "It's incredibly gratifying to sing songs to big audiences that have been such a big part of people's lives for so long. Getting on stage and singing those songs is a treat. Having Brian (May) and Roger (Taylor) trust me with their material has been great for my confidence."

Another British star has also tapped Adam to collaborate. Rock DJ singer Robbie Williams has his eye on a duet, and Adam isn't dismissing the idea.

"I have no idea. I heard about it the same time everyone else did," he said. "I'm very flattered. He's amazing but I've never met him

"We didn't get Take That in the States. I knew about Robbie Williams but that's because I was travelling a lot internationally in my musicals in my early twenties. When I was a teenager I liked Backstreet Boys and NSYNC."

No comments :

Post a Comment